5 Easy Strategies for Managing Stress
- Sit or lie flat in a comfortable position
- Put one hand on your belly just below your ribs and the other hand on your chest
- Take a deep breath in through your nose, and let your belly push your hand out. Your chest should not move
- Breathe out through pursed lips as if you were whistling. Feel the hand on your belly go in and use it to push all the air out
- Do this breathing 3 to 10 times. Take your time with each breath
- Notice how you feel at the end of the exercise.
- Close your eyes
- Inhale to the word “so”
- Exhale to the word “hum”
- Repeat as needed
Regular exercise is very effective in managing daily stress. Simply taking a walk or rolling your shoulders can help relieve tension.
- Try moving a little every hour. For example at :45 minutes to every hour get up from your desk and roll shoulders, perform shoulder shrugs, rise up and down on your toes, perform toe taps, reach for the sky and then toward your toes.
Eat a healthy diet
Try following a low glycemic diet as recommended by your Cenegenics Nutrition and Exercise Counselor. A low glycemic diet will help keep blood sugar levels steady throughout the day and this may facilitate a more healthy response to stress.
Take a moment away from the situation and talk with a friend or family member. Maybe try and discuss something other than the stressful situation at hand. Often times just voicing concerns or talking about something completely unrelated to the stressful situation can offer a more calm response to the situation.
“Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change”
– Jim Rohn
Resources for You
Read our White Paper, Defy Your Age with Cenegenics®, and learn about the science of age defiance and the Cenegenics® process.
Free advice from Cenegenics® physicians, video testimonials from patients, and other news.
Read regular updates from Cenegenics® on our blog.