Practice Development Physician and President of Cenegenics® Medical Institute Phoenix
In 1977, I began the practice of general internal medicine, taking care of both hospital and office patients. After 30 years of practice, I became frustrated with not being able to prevent the chronic diseases like Hypertension, Diabetes, Heart Disease and Cancer in my patients, so I completed the Cenegenics Fellowship in Age Management in August of 2007. Our Cenegenics Phoenix center was opened in August of 2011 in Partnership with the Cenegenics Medical Institute. We are committed to the prevention of the diseases commonly seen in aging.
Rhodes College, Memphis, TN; BA in Biology, 1970
University of Tennessee Medical School, Memphis, TN, MD Degree, 1973
Methodist Hospitals of Memphis; January, 1974 – December, 1974
Residency: Internal Medicine at Methodist Hospitals of Memphis; January, 1975 – December, 1977
Internal Medicine, 1977 – present
Member of the American College of Physicians
American Society Age Management
- Chairman, Patient Care Committee, 1988
- Associate Chief of Staff/Methodist South, 1992 – 1994
- Coding Consultant, DRG Review, Inc., 1992 – 2010
- Director, Utilization Review, Peabody Medical Group, 1992 – 1996
- Utilization Review Committee, Metro Care Physicians, 1994 – 1997
- Physician Advisor in Utilization Management for Methodist Health Care Systems, 1993 – present
- Chairman, Critical Care Pathways Committee, Methodist Central Hospital, 1994 – present
- Chairman, Department of Internal Medicine of Peabody Medical Group, 1994 – 1997
- Utilization and Quality Control Committee, Cigna Healthcare, Memphis, Tennessee, 1998
- Medical Director of Methodist Extended Care Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, 2000 – 2007
- Physicians Advisory Group, National Association of Long Term Care Hospitals, 2003 – 2007
- Physicians Coding Education Committee, National Association of Long Term Care Hospitals, 2003 – 2007
- Chairman of Guidelines for Medial Complex Admissions Criteria, National Association of Long Term Care Hospitals, 2005
- Member of Advisory Group to CMS Concerning Long Term Care Hospitals Transfer Rule, 2005
- Founder and one of principal partners of Southwind Medical Specialists, LLC, one the largest primary care practices in Memphis, TN, 1999 – 2011.
- Chief Financial Officer of Advanced Technical Medical Data Solutions 2006 – 2010
- Completion of Cenegenics® Fellowship training program completed, 2010
Managing Medicare Claims, Delta Healthcare Management, Memphis, Tennessee, 1992
Multiple presentations to Medical Staffs and Medical Societies including:
- The National Association of Long Term Care Hospitals and
- The American Association of Health Information Managers
Age Management Medical Group
Fifteen years of consulting in matters involving physician documentation of both inpatient and outpatient coding guidelines. Consulting has involved medical records audits for large medical groups and hospital systems.
“Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change”
– Jim Rohn
Resources for You
Read our White Paper, Defy Your Age with Cenegenics®, and learn about the science of age defiance and the Cenegenics® process.
Free advice from Cenegenics® physicians, video testimonials from patients, and other news.
Read regular updates from Cenegenics® on our blog.